Welcome

We hope you'll find this to be a space where we share updated information about gluten-free living and eating AND where we all can share information, so please feel free to comment on posts or email us information you think should be included. Be sure to check out our sister site: BmoreGfree.com So that's that. Enjoy!


Larabar Love

This is Part I, of a new series dedicated answering the question: What's in Your Pantry?

My constant companion these past four gluten-free years has been the Larabar. Not only are these fruit-and-nut energy bars always stashed in my pantry, they’re also in my coat pockets, glove compartment, purse and diaper bag. I even crammed a few of them in my labor bag for my two-day stay in the hospital when my daughter was born. They’re by far the tastiest and healthiest gluten-free snack, pick-me-up, or light meal I’ve found. Plus, they hold up really well whether it’s freezing or sweltering. 

Larabars currently come in 14 flavors, but that number keeps growing. When I first discovered the Larabar in 2005, there were just four or five flavors, not that I was complaining, back then I was a new celiac slogging through food labels and Larabar was the only energy bar with ingredients I could actually pronounce. (No Larabar has more than 6 ingredients). 

My favorite flavor changes (though for almost a year I was hooked on Cashew Cookie). Last fall I was really into Apple Pie and Ginger Snap, and most recently I was noshing on Peanut Butter Cookie, which unfortunately has been voluntarily recalled along with just about every other peanut butter product out there. While I wait for the store shelves to be re-stocked with Peanut Butter Cookie, I’m enjoying Coconut Cream Pie.

I buy Larabars by the box and pick them up at Whole Foods for $21.99 per box (16 per box), at Trader Joes who sells them for $1.29 per bar, or from Giant who carries a small selection and sells them for $1.25 per bar. For the best selection however, check out Whole Foods.

Larabar has two other lines of energy bars as well, Jocalat, which is the chocolate-y version of the Larabar, and their newest bar, a kid-friendly, crispy bar called the Jamfrakas. All of them are gluten-free. Yum.
-Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails