Welcome

We hope you'll find this to be a space where we share updated information about gluten-free living and eating AND where we all can share information, so please feel free to comment on posts or email us information you think should be included. Be sure to check out our sister site: BmoreGfree.com So that's that. Enjoy!


Woodberry Kitchen: consistently delicious

This past weekend I enjoyed a fantastic gluten-free meal at Woodberry Kitchen. The bustling eatery has already been reviewed by Gluten Free in Baltimore, but I thought I'd add another happy dining experience to the blog. For those who haven't been, Woodberry Kitchen has a gluten-free menu with only slightly fewer choices than the regular menu. With so many options, I labored over the decision of what to order -- until the server dropped off a plate of warm gluten-free bread. It was only the second time I've had gluten-free bread in a restaurant (the first was at Hemingway's in Killington, VT). With soft, warm bread, the decision was easier -- I wanted soup to start. So, I kicked off the meal with a bowl of velvety Heirloom Pumpkin Soup, lapped up with warm gluten-free bread. For dinner I chose a vegetarian option, the Hot Pot with a smoky cauliflower sauce. Importantly, the menu pointed out in obvious, large font that they do not have a dedicated gluten-free fryer. I appreciated being immediately informed of that potential source of cross-contamination (for dishes with French fries, crispy onions, etc., ask for them to be left off or swapped out for something else). I also appreciated how the staff announced "gluten-free" as they dropped off each dish -- they were paying attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails