Welcome

We hope you'll find this to be a space where we share updated information about gluten-free living and eating AND where we all can share information, so please feel free to comment on posts or email us information you think should be included. Be sure to check out our sister site: BmoreGfree.com So that's that. Enjoy!


Sweet Serendipity

410-465-0233

Last Sunday, I ducked into a place in historic Ellicott City I’d never been before, Bean Hollow Coffee and Confections. While I was ordering a cup of joe, I happened to see chocolate raspberry tarts and chocolate dipped cheesecake in the pastry case labeled, “gluten-free.” I was absolutely euphoric. I couldn’t believe I’d stumbled upon a place where not only could I get a gluten-free treat, but I also had to a choice to make: tart or cheesecake.

In the end I went with the tart, promising to go back for the cheesecake soon. The tart was truly decadent and the coffee equally satisfying.

The next day, I called Bean Hollow’s owner to thank her for having gluten-free goodies in the coffee shop. She told me she’s been carrying gluten-free desserts for over a year. She started offering them because she “tries to have something for everyone,” even for those with allergies and intolerances. All of her gluten-free desserts, which also include a chocolate mousse cake and pecan tart, come from the local Baltimore bakery, Sweet Sin.

The other great thing I noticed was that the gluten-free desserts had their own separate tray in the pastry case. Cross-contamination was covered. Pretty sweet.

410-366-5777 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails