Welcome

We hope you'll find this to be a space where we share updated information about gluten-free living and eating AND where we all can share information, so please feel free to comment on posts or email us information you think should be included. Be sure to check out our sister site: BmoreGfree.com So that's that. Enjoy!


Graul’s Market Does Gluten-Free

In Baltimore County, the local market, Graul’s, is well-known and well-loved, but until recently, not known for its selection of specialty gluten-free foods. It appears that may be changing however. Just last week, I went into Graul’s (Ruxton location) for a gallon of milk I’d forgotten during my regular grocery shopping run and noticed a gluten-free display set up near the produce aisle. They were featuring Bob’s Red Mill products (including the favorite gluten-free Mighty Tasty hot cereal), Betty Crocker’s gluten-free cookie, brownie and cake mixes (for $2.99, the cheapest price I’ve found -- possibly a special introductory price), and snickerdoodle cookies and blueberry muffins from local Baltimore bakery, Sweet Sin.

I picked up a package of Sweet Sin muffins and a bag of gluten-free candy from a natural foods company out of Germany I hadn’t heard of before called Seitenbacher. I opened the candy right away to quiet my squirmy toddler and snuck a piece of the fruity strawberry candy myself. It was delicious and we’ve since been back for more Seitenbacher candies. Graul’s also had gluten-free egg noodles (hard to find!), instant soups called ‘hot snacks’ in tomato, vegetable and potato varieties, instant sauce mixes, muesli, cornflakes and energy bars all made by Seitenbacher.


I spoke with the manager about their new gluten-free goodies. He told me they were recently added in response to requests from customers for more gluten-free items. When I asked about the availability at other locations, he said the Mays Chapel store has had a gluten-free specialty section for over a year. Thanks Graul’s!

Locations throughout Maryland:
Annapolis | Cape St. Claire | Hereford | Mays Chapel | Ruxton | St. Michaels


-Christine

1 comment:

  1. I'm from Utah and my son was recently diagnosed with Celiac Disease. We are traveling to Baltimore to visit family and this information has been extremely helpful. Thank You!

    Utah Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails