- Research your destination: Google Search: (your destination) and gluten free. Check to see if your destination has a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods Market because, if they do, you are pretty much guaranteed at least a few gluten-free selections!
- If you are traveling to a destination where English is not the spoken language, learn how to say "gluten free" "no wheat, oats, barley, or rye" in the spoken language.
- Travel to Canada and/or Europe (Italy, France, England, Ireland). They are much more accommodating of gluten-free needs than the USA currently. Trivia: All children in Italy must be tested for Celiac Disease by the age of 6!
- Stay in a hotel that offers a kitchenette and go grocery shopping while traveling.
- Once you arrive at your destination, if you are having difficulty finding gluten-free food, go to the local grocery store and get food there.