Welcome

We hope you'll find this to be a space where we share updated information about gluten-free living and eating AND where we all can share information, so please feel free to comment on posts or email us information you think should be included. Be sure to check out our sister site: BmoreGfree.com So that's that. Enjoy!


Let's Dish!: The Results

 
An hour and a half, $100, and 24 servings of 4 meals later, I had "dished".  I'm a little obsessive compulsive about cross-contamination, so I was extra observant about possibilities for some sort of gluten to attack my meals.  But, to my surprise, everything was so clean and separate.  The staff members were very aware of making sure I knew exactly what I needed to do to ensure my meals would be gluten-free.  I have to give a shout-out to Whitney and Jenny at the location in Timonium, who both were extra helpful and understanding.The experience was fun, and made me feel included in the food prep world -- which I haven't really been involved in.  Gluten-Free cooking can be lonely, but Let's Dish has welcomed us in with open arms, clean countertops, knowledgeable staff, and gluten-free awareness that hit an entirely new level.  I cannot get over just how wonderful the experience was.

To have everything prepared -- ingredients cut up, spices with the appropriate measuring utensil, and packaging easily accessible -- is one of the many reasons I'm going back next month.  I think I'll actually end up using my money more wisely if I dedicate $100 a month to meals that can be stored in the freezer for up to 8 weeks.  There's going to be less food thrown away and more food eaten!  Especially for a gluten-free, single lady, who's busy busy busy...Let's Dish is my new best friend.







Of course, I can't just rave about all of this without actually talking about the real results.  If the food was gross, I would not suggest or recommend Let's Dish.  While it's nothing extraordinarily gourmet, the food is darn good.  I have now eaten the Honey Dijon Chicken with Roasted Carrots, Louisiana Jambalaya, Pesto Salmon, Sweet Potato Fries, and Ranch Potato Chips.  I still am looking forward to the Herbed Steaks.  

The Honey Dijon Chicken, in my opinion, was a little plain; however, if I decide to make it again, I'll just make it with a little extra sauce, which would take it up that extra notch.  The Louisiana Jambalaya was a hit, and so easy to cook.  Instead of using their chicken base (which is not gluten-free), it was suggested that when I prepared the dish, I replace the water with chicken broth.  Absolutely no problem -- a box of Kitchen Basics Chicken broth -- done.

My ultimate favorite, at the moment, is the Pesto Salmon.  Seriously, this dish is extraordinary.  I cut a slit in the top of the aluminum foil packet (still frozen), set the packet on a cookie sheet, put it in the oven, and 50 minutes later I was eating some of the tastiest salmon I have eaten in quite some time.

I'm signed up to go dish in April, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails